Pour Over Brewing Method
Pour Over Brewing Instructions
- What you'll need
- Add 17g of medium ground coffee
- 0:00 - Zero your scale and add 40g of water, swirl and wait 30 sec for bloom
- 0:30 - 2nd pour to 180g and give it a little swirl
- Allow the coffee to drain enough for the final pour, about 10 sec
- 3rd pour to 285g and give another little swirl, let it draw down
- It should finish brewing around 3m 15s. If it finishes too fast use a finer grind and vice versa.
- Be your own brew master. Be sure to play around with these variable to get your desired flavor. Here are a few ideas on things to tweak.
- Use a finer grind, hotter water or longer brew time if your coffee tastes weak, sour or underdeveloped.
- Use a coarser grind, cooler water or shorter brew time if your coffee tastes bitter, overly strong or astringent.
- Note: start with grind size.