At the end of every year we have an opportunity to reflect on the year gone and create some intentions for our coming year. All it takes is a commitment to set aside some time to do it. It is proven that you are 42% more likely to achieve a goal if you write it down. So block out an hour, grab a pen and get started. We also highly recommend you share your answers with someone and have them help you stay accountable.
Questions to help you reflect on this past year:
- What was your favorite vacation?
- What piece of art made a lasting impression on you? (e.g. book, song, concert, play, painting, photograph, etc.)
- What do you wish you did more/less of?
- What was your greatest act of service?
- What are you most proud of?
- How did you challenge yourself this past year and how did it turn out?
- What would you consider to be your biggest failure?
- Rate each of these for the overall year from 0-10 and explain:
- Personal life:
- Professional life:
- What word or short phrase would sum up your year?
Questions to help you set intentions for your coming year:
- What advice would you like to give yourself?
- What are you most excited about going into the new year?
- In what way are you committed to challenging yourself?
- Who would you like to spend more time with and why?
- How are you going to give back?
- What are you committed to learning?
- What is your top goal in each category?
- What word or short phrase will be your theme for the year?